We’ve all been there. Mocked it, claimed we were never going to download that app, then all of a sudden, you’re addicted. But what is it that makes TikTok so addictive?
Since launching in 2018, TikTok is known for its short videos and easy-to-use tools for self-expression and collaboration. These elements all provide instant gratification, mostly down to its customised “For you” page. Each one is personalised to your own individual likes and emotional connections. In other words, this app is completely customised to you and will know exactly what you like. No wonder we’re all addicted.
Here are just a few stats of the app to get you going:
– TikTok reached 1 billion active users in September 2021.
– The average user spends 89 minutes per day on the app.
– Android users spend more time on TikTok than they do on YouTube.
– The ages between 19 and 29 take up 35% of TikTok’s global audience, whilst under 18’s take up 28%.
– In 2020, TikTok had 850 million downloads. Becoming the most downloaded app globally.