With so many different ways to reach customers these days, it is becoming increasingly confusing as to how to target them.
It used to be simple; identify your target market and get in front of them using advertising, PR, direct mail campaigns or email marketing. Now we have a fantastic resource which lets us get in front of people in the blink of an eye – Social Media. The only problem is how do you get heard above all the noise?
Here at Sleeky we want to de-mystify digital marketing and so we’ve broken it down to the top tips for each of the main social networks. This week we begin with the social giant, Twitter.
Twitter is a great way to connect with potential customer and is considered more business-focused than the likes of Facebook. But with over 1 billion tweets being sent each week, being seen by the right people is harder than ever – but not impossible.
Twitter Top Tips:
- Include an image – Tweets with images result in 55% increase in leads, compared to just text
- Keep it short – or an important part of your tweet may be lost when people Retweet (RT) it
- Tag other users in the tweet or photo to encourage RTs
- Don’t include too many hashtags – Tweets with 1-2 hashtags receive 21% higher engagement than those with 3+ hashtags
- Don’t autopost from instagram – your Twitter followers won’t see the image
- Tweet once every weekday and you should reach 60% of your audience
“In terms of the optimum time to tweet, it varies according to your audience but data shows in general the highest number of clicks appear between 1 p.m. and 3 p.m. Monday to Thursday and the best time to get a retweet is from 4 p.m. to 5 p.m. on Fridays.”
In next week’s blog we will cover Facebook Top Tips, don’t miss it!
Want help with your social media management? Get in touch to find out how we can help.